Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Passion of Darkly Noon

Someday I'll get around to telling the Tale of the Frozen Pea (it's a good one), but not tonight. I just watched The Passion of Darkly Noon, and while I think it could have been better, it was an amazing film that reminded me a lot of Edward Scissorhands, although without the distinct and haunting visual style. In fact, if it had a truly original and striking visual style, it might have been nearly as good as Edward Scissorhands, which is one of my all time favorites.

It's a dark, modern fairy tale. There really aren't enough films like this.

I've lost my train of thought and must go to bed shortly anyway.

Morning After Edit: Oh, I wish I could write well and precisely all the time.

Behold the little master/waving from his bed of stones/Behold the poetaster/feasting on his third prize clones.

That's from my latest song.

I've bled through my bandages again/...

That's going to be from the song I write today.

I haven't fully woken up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment