Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Monumental Point

Today was a long day of validation, filled with an inarticulate feeling of contentment, or perhaps resignation. Either way, it is a welcome emotion.

The lizards are gone and the puddle with them. It seems someone must have decided to get rid of the strange liquid. I can't help but wonder if they found the sight as wondrous as I did or if they simply removed it like old trash. It seems so blasphemous that way, so I will invent some fiction in my mind as to how it actually happened.

I can't imagine what forces must have conspired to bring me to discover the image only yesterday in a moment of great stress, to be moved so strongly as to write about it, and to find it finally removed today. Already I feel as though this is a monumental point in my life upon which I will certainly look back from some comfortable and moonlit vantage and say, "Yes. That was the day that everything changed."

No comments:

Post a Comment