Monday, September 7, 2009

Realationships (sic)

Every night. Something new. I'm so hungry. I'm going to eat something before I attempt to write.

Kim hooked up with Greg. That was cool. Jamie and Ted seem like they have a lot of fun together. Everyone is out for casual relationships. Good for them. I just want a relationship. It doesn't matter how it begins, progresses, or even ends.

This is stupid. I'm going to delete this and write something clever in its place tomorrow.

Edit: A good friend of mine told me that this brief and gaseous trot through recent events sounds "skin hungry". I suppose it does. She told me that it works well the way it is, perhaps because of the understated and brisk nature of the prose, everything that I hated about it. I suppose it does.

It makes me think that perhaps I mask what I really mean more often than not when I write, in florid attempts at elegance. I have become my own unreliable narrator and therefore I have changed my decision about replacing this entry. Instead I have risen in the small moments just before sleep to commit these words that scrambled about my mind. Here it will stand for all time: the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment