Monday, September 14, 2009

Will The Real Greg Singer Please Stand Up?

I'm going to be late to my class for this, but I finally had something to write. I didn't write anything last night, so I owe it to the blog anyway.

Sometimes I lie awake at night thinking about how tragically interesting I am. This may sound vain, but it only makes me sad. I'm interesting for all the wrong reasons. I'm interesting as a character study, possibly as research on personality types that can't seem to deal with reality.

I'm exagerrating, I hope, but perhaps not. I hope someday I'll look at this and think, wow, I was hopelessly disillusioned about my own potential, but often it seems that day will never come.

I thought of a new way of telling Hell Is... by maybe having a video crew follow Greg's dad so he can leave something behind for his grandchildren, but then they meet Greg and realize he's so much more interesting. They begin following him around instead much to his and his father's dismay. I think that'd be a wonderful way of getting some outside perspective into his life. It would force him to deal with how neurotic he's become as well. Perhaps that could provide the turning point.

I love Greg Singer. He's such an amazing character. Everyone thinks he's brilliant, even before they realize he's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment